This podcast was mobile-recorded from the road, driving across Kansas following the Google Teacher Academy in Boulder, Colorado, on August 5, 2009. The GTA is a packed day of learning, and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to not only learn more about Google and Google Tools, but also network with some extremely innovative teachers from around the United States. According to the official GTA website: The Google Teacher Academy is a FREE professional development experience designed to help K-12 educators get the most from innovative technologies. Each Academy is an intensive, one-day event where participants get hands-on experience with Google’s free products and other technologies, learn about innovative instructional strategies, receive resources to share with colleagues, and immerse themselves in an innovative corporate environment. Upon completion, Academy participants become Google Certified Teachers who share what they learn with other K-12 educators in their local region. [end of description] This podcast includes some of my reflections on my experiences as well as learning takeaways from #gtaco.
- My notes from the Google Teacher Academy (linked in six posts – #gtaco)
- Google Teacher Academy (Information page for prospective applicants)
- Google Teacher Academy Resources for Participants
- Google Lit Trips by Jerome Burg (awesome integration use of Google Earth!!!)
- Great Book Stories (VoiceThread collaborative project)
- Make Way For Duckings Google Lit Trip
- Google Teacher Community (email list serve, open to anyone)
- Google Web Search – Classroom Lessons and Resources (nine modules)
- Google Search (at a mile a minute!)
- Just Search It! (developing a search mindset)
- Google Apps Education Community
- Photos of the Google Office in Boulder (from Google)
- Job Information for Google in Boulder, Colorado
- The Infinite Thinking Machine (Google Education Blog)
- Google SketchUp
- Google Sites for Teachers (great examples of teacher sites created with Google Sites)
- Jonathan Ive (inventor of iMac and many other Apple designs)
- AR-media Plugin for Google SketchUp
- Computer Using Educators, Inc. (CUE)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Google Training and Learning Opportunities in Oklahoma - 2014
- Distressed Over the Rising Costs of College (and other things) - 2014
- More Than One Way to Orbit in Scratch - 2013
- Welcome to Hogwarts (August 2013) - 2013
- Exploring Instructional Uses of YouTube with Lucy Gray (August 2012) - 2012
- Mobile E-Book Options for "On-the-Go" Readers - 2012
- Digital Textbooks using iBooks (August 2012) - 2012
- More Highlights from Glacier National Park - 2011
- Include Geo Location Info for iPhoto Exported Flickr Images - 2011
- MediaWiki spam cleanup recap and tutorial - 2010