We refer to students with special needs as “disabled” for good reasons. This 30 second public service announcement video by Special Olympics HQ explains why, and recommends the “The New R Word” should be “respect.”
I found this video, unfortunately, when researching YouTube Community Guidelines for flagging videos. This short tutorial gives the basics on flagging.
The YouTube Online Safety Center provides an excellent set of tips and steps users as well as content creators can take if they find a video which has violated community guidelines and should be removed.
In the past six hours I’ve filed a copyright takedown request (via the YouTube copyright complaint webform) for a copied video of Sarah’s response to President Obama, which has advertising added to it, and have just flagged a response video because it includes profane and sexually explicit attacks on my daughter. I am not linking to those videos because I do not want to amplify them. Wonderfully, I can report that the attack video which I flagged was taken down by YouTube staff within 15 minutes of me flagging it.
Way to go YouTube!
Hopefully YouTube staff will respond to my copyright takedown request soon. It sounds like those requests take longer to investigate and therefore remove.
This is continuing to be an instructive journey…
content, education, psa, youtube, flag, videos, respect, disabled, special
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- STEM and Coding in Yukon Public Schools Featured on Oklahoma Horizon TV - 2016
- Navigating the Minefield of College Admissions Risks and Rewards - 2016
- Opening Doors for Students: An ISTE 2013 Ignite Presentation - 2013
- Reflections from the Bund in Shanghai - 2011
- Time to ditch Diigo or pay up? - 2010
- Anyone Studying Student Access to Khan Academy Videos on Netbooks? - 2010
- Farewell Bloglines, my first digital newspaper - 2010
- Arrange iPhone icons now in iTunes 9.0 - 2009
- Podcast279V: Setting up a SubDomain with cPanel - 2008
- No time to make a video? No problem with Animoto! - 2007