After 28 hours of travel from Oklahoma, I’m pleased to report I’ve arrived safety in Hong Kong and am looking forward to a day of visiting several international schools tomorrow. The 21st Century Learning @ Hong Kong Conference starts on Thursday. Before catching some sleep tonight, I uploaded about 50 photos to Flickr from my trip today, and also recorded a short, 10 photo VoiceThread about some of the highlights.
Two of the most notable things about the trip here were the number of folks wearing health masks at all times, because of concerns about H1N1 flu, and the fact that Hong Kong had a typhoon yesterday which cancelled school for everyone. Glad I didn’t try to arrive a day sooner!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Presentation Tips and Podcast Conference Learning - 2019
- Create a Maze Game in PBS Scratch Jr - 2016
- Lesson Idea: Analyze Political Fundraising Statistics with Comparative Ratios - 2012
- Oren Lee Peters - Stories of My Life - 2011
- Sounds of My World - My new sound blog - 2011
- Bypassing draconian Chinese Internet content filtering #learning2cn - 2010
- Great student project examples, lesson ideas and links integrating media #learning2cn - 2010
- Thinking about dark matter, the origins and size of the universe - 2009
- Delete multiple (or all) photos from an iPhone or iTouch with Image Capture - 2009
- Flip Video First Impressions - 2008