Robyn Treyvaud shared the following YouTube video, “Digital Dossier,” with me today at the 21st Century Learning @ Hong Kong Conference. The 4.5 minute video is a thought-provoking exploration of the “digital footprints” we leave behind along with others as we share online. This video can be a good conversation starter with students as well as adults about issues related to online safety, digital citizenship, privacy, etc.
Robyn is the author and owner of the website CyberSafeWorld, and hails from Australia. She will share the workshops “The Natives are Getting Restless: Growing Up and Learning in a Web 2.0 World” Friday and “Opportunities & outcomes of students as partners in responding to cyber issues” on Saturday here in Hong Kong. Robyn is very focused on helping dispel myths regarding Internet dangers, and encouraging a focus on “digital citizenship” rather than simply “Internet safety” in our schools. I’m eager to learn more from her this week!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Creating a Society6 Store of Digital Photography Products - 2017
- K12 Online Conference Webinar Saturday Sept 19th - 2015
- Minecraft and MinecraftEDU in the Classroom - 2014
- Amazon Isn't a Consumer Electronics Company: It's WalMart Online - 2012
- Rachel Wants to Be a Scientist - 2012
- Notes and finds from #learning2cn Tell a Story in 5 Frames Unconference session - 2010
- The Natives are Getting Restless: Growing Up and Learning in a Web 2.0 World by Robyn Treyvaud - 2009
- Emerging Trends that Redefine Education in the 21st Century by Bruce Dixon - 2009
- Interviews and subway videos from Hong Kong International Schools (Part 1) - 2009
- An amazing view from school (Discovery College in Hong Kong) - 2009