Bob Sprankle, who I had the great pleasure of meeting in person AT LAST two weeks ago at ACTEM09 in Maine, published his 100th podcast on Bit-by-Bit last week. Bob reflected on “the podcasting journey” with Scott Lockman, Cheryl Oakes, Alice Barr, and yours truly. I’m honored to be included in this august group of educational innovators! Check it out! Bob’s been inspiring me via his podcast and various blogs since 2005, when I learned about Room 208 and his podcasting work from David Warlick and the August 3, 2005, New York Times article, “New Tools: Blogs, Podcasts and Virtual Classrooms.”
In addition to meeting Bob, it was also great to meet and spend time with Cheryl, Alice, Kern Kelly, Marco Torres, and Crystal Priest at ACTEM.
If you’re not already a member, consider joining Bob, Alice and Cheryl’s Seedlings Ning. (Membership is free.) It’s a great place to network and learn more about the use of social media tools to support learning inside and outside the classroom. Also, if you haven’t already seen it, don’t miss their keynote in the “Getting Started” strand of K12Online08, “How Can I Become Part of this ReadWriteWeb Revolution?”
Alice, Bob and Cheryl shared this presentation again, along with many reflections, in the October 20th K12Online LAN Party hosted by EdTechTalk. That archive is available via Ustream.
I met many other great folks at ACTEM, and I can’t mention them all here, but I definitely don’t want to forget Richard Byrne. Richard’s blog, “Free Technology for Teachers,” is one of the best educational technology blogs to which I’m subscribed. This was a photo of Kern showing his Kindle2 to Sarah as Richard and Bob looked on.
It was also a big honor to briefly meet Angus King, the father of MLTI, at ACTEM.
So many innovative people in one place, at one conference!
podcast, podcasting, seedlings, sprankle, oakes, barr
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Media Dominoes Fall - 2022
- Designing And Narrating a Dream House Tour in Spanish - 2020
- Google Cloud Print Offline with Brother MFC-J4420DW - 2015
- Make Word Processing Easier and Reduce Printing Costs with Split View - 2011
- Digital Storytelling and Writing with the Story Arc and Freytag's pyramid - 2010
- Video reflection from North Texas - 2010
- Ideas for a Flip Camera Video Scavenger Hunt - 2010
- Reflections after watching an engaged digital learner - 2009
- OKC WordPress User's Group Meeting - Oct 2009 - 2009
- Calling all Oklahoma Storychasers - OKC3 Deadline extended to Nov 15th! - 2009