This spring I’ll be teaching two sections of the required “Technology for Teachers” (T4T) course at the University of Central Oklahoma here in Edmond. I’ve been working on my ideas for this course for quite awhile, and finally drafted my course overview this evening. I’ll be building out this entire course over the holidays in upcoming weeks. (Our first day of class is January 13, 2010). This is still very much in draft mode, so if you have any ideas or suggestions I’d love to hear them.
I’d also love to have links to similar intro to technology for teachers courses that you teach, have taken, or know about– Especially exemplary ones, of course! I met with Cyndi Danner-Kuhn (at Kansas State University) over the Thanksgiving break and got lots of ideas from her. Cyndi’s K12Online09 presentation in the “Getting Started” strand, “Options for Building Your Teacher Website and Why YOU Should,” is outstanding.
I’m borrowing from her course outlines (with permission of course) and would love to see other examples from other professors / instructors. I haven’t formally taught an undergraduate or graduate course since 2005, so it is going to be a lot of fun designing this course from the ground up. 🙂
class, college, edtech, education, educational, technology, university, uco, course, outline, syllabus
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- That Camera Gear is SO 2007! - 2013
- How to add administrators to a Facebook business page - 2010
- Delicious Social Bookmarks Going Away - What Shall We Do? - 2010
- iPhone & iPad Apps for Fun & Productivity Workshop - Dec 29th - 2010
- Workaround for Parallels problem with USB Mic in WinXP Audacity - 2008
- A spooky museum experience tonight - 2008
- I'll pass on the Kindle, give me a thinner and cooler laptop - 2007
- Most important digital tools for teachers? - 2007
- Slow hotel Internet connection and a ridiculously broad AUP - 2007
- Recording with multiple mics in Garageband - 2007
You probably already know Tom Nixon from Fresno, CA, but if you don’t he may be an excellent resource. He teaches the online class for Technology for teacher librarians at Fresno Pacific University in Fresno.
Great, thanks Jane! 🙂