In the style of the now-famous “Mac versus PC” advertisements run by Apple, Dave Dugdale created a clever 30 second spoof video poking fun at AT&T for its recent announcements and response to “Fake Steve Jobs'” exhortation for iPhone users everywhere to “speak truth to power” and engage in collective action via Operation Chokehold.
While the cumulative effect of Operation Chokehold on AT&T’s network performance was apparently small, the focus this event brought in mainstream as well as social media channels to the “performance issues” of AT&T WAS significant.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Self-Censorship, Echo Chambers and Civil Political Discourse - 2018
- A Creepy and Troubling Hidden WordPress Hack - 2018
- Book Review: Spam Nation by Brian Krebs - 2016
- EdCampVoxer (Dec 23-30) & EdCampOKC (March 5) - 2015
- Play with Sound Using Singing Fingers for iOS - 2014
- Opening Reflections on Tinker, Make and Learn - 2014
- Photos of our Ice Storm in Oklahoma City (Dec 2013) - 2013
- Setting Up a Skype Home Phone - 2012
- The HDR Photo Difference - 2010
- Terrorist groups are recruiting online - What about your school, club or organization? - 2009