A few months ago my iSight camera on my MacBook Pro stopped working, and I haven’t been able to find a week of “down time” when I could do without my MacBook and turn it over to Apple for repair. I need to, since it’s covered with Applecare, but at this point I just can’t part with it.
From time to time I need to use a webcam, however, so I’ve been using the High Definition USB 2.0 Hue Webcam at these times. Barbara Lindsey asked me today during my live Q & A session for my T4T class about the webcam I am using, so I thought I’d post about it here.
Do you have a favorite webcam you like? I wish I could take advantage of the Hue Webcam’s HD capabilities in webcasts, but Ustream to date has just supported Windows computers for HiDef webcasting. I just learned Ustream now offers a free and commercial “Ustream Producer” application, for both Windows and Mac, which supports HiDef webcasts if you pay $200 for the Pro version. Livestream has a beta version of Procaster for Mac but I haven’t tried it yet. I think I’d have to pay for a monthly commercial account on Livestream to webcast in High Def. I don’t think that is the case with Ustream.
apple, webcam, isight
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Picasa Slideshow Link for iPhones: No Flash Required - 2016
- FREE Enhanced eBook for Kids: "Snowflake Gets Lost" by Rachel Fryer - 2012
- Upcoming Wes Fryer Presentations in Oklahoma City (Feb - Mar 2012) - 2012
- iGrill, iRig & Mikey - 2011
- iPad, OER, and Custom Course Web Applications / iApps - 2010
- Comments from Drew Edmondson at the 2009 OU K20 MidWinter Conference - 2009
- Notes on Dr. Scott McLeod's follow up session at OU K20 MidWinter - 2009
- Comments from Oklahoma Lt Governor Jari Askins on Oklahoma Education - 2009
- Notes from Dr. Scott McLeod's keynote at the OU K-20 Center's 2009 MidWinter Conference - 2009
- International Education Partnerships: The Need for a Global Perspective - 2009
Got a Logitech Quickcam a few years back for Christmas. It’s a notebook version, but it clips to my bookshelf quite nicely and renders a good HD image.