This is a BIG deal. Crescent Public Schools is one of only FIVE public school districts in Oklahoma (out of 530+) which is currently implementing a 1:1 learning initiative. That will change later this spring with the announcement of ARRA-funded grantees for 1:1 learning projects, but even when those projects begin 1:1 learning will still be the exception rather than the rule in our state. Oklahoma State Board of Education members have heard about Crescent’s 1:1 program and want to learn more about it, as they should. What better way to learn about the program than traveling there for a meeting, and getting opportunities to visit with both students, teachers, and administrators?
I am crushed that flight schedules would not permit me to fly from Rochester, Minnesota this afternoon and get back to Oklahoma City tonight, so there is no way I could attend and storychase this event tomorrow. If you’re going, please share a blog post about what you see and hear, and tweet me a link as an @ reply. It would be great if we could have a student Storychaser team there on site, webcasting like Van Meter students in Iowa did last week from their state legislature!
My thoughts and best wishes go out to all the teachers, students, and administrators at Crescent Public Schools tomorrow morning! The Eyes of Oklahoma Are Upon You! 🙂
To read more about Crescent Public Schools, in addition to checking out their website see my posts “Oklahoma Students: Modeling Digital Education and 1 to 1 Learning” (Feb 2008), “Crescent Public Schools: A Beacon for Oklahoma Education” (Nov 2008), and “Leadership, Vision, and Student Achievement (Panel)” (Nov 2009). Dawn Danker wrote a great guest blog post here in July 2009 which addressed Crescent Public Schools and their 1:1 leadership which is also worth revisiting: “1:1 Teaching & Learning Session, OK SDE Leadership Conference.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- The Council of Constance and Modern Web - 2021
- American Revolution Videos from Schoolhouse Rock and Discovery United Streaming - 2014
- Hacker Cases Highlight Need for Greater Personal Account and Information Security - 2014
- Cross Examination Debate Flow Template for Numbers in iWork '09 - 2012
- Teach Your Students to be Digital Artists (and learn from Kevin Honeycutt) - 2012
- Blog comment moderation: How and Why? - 2010
- Present at OSSBA in August 2010 - 2010
- eDiscovery requirements and archiving student email - 2010
- iPhone iTalk Application: A Great Event Recorder - 2009
- Comparing Broadband USB Options for Laptops - 2009