Great thoughts about why we should CHOOSE teaching from Gail Lovely:
To be a teacher — choose it as a calling, not a job.
Choose it to do something meaningful and powerful, with rewards only you might notice.
Choose it to be a role model.
Choose to be a teacher because you love learning.
Choose to be a teacher because you love learners.
Choose to be a teacher because you cannot imagine anything else so wonderful!
Catch up with Gail by following her on Twitter. I had a wonderful opportunity today to visit with Gail both during Darren Kuropatwa’s afternoon workshop session (quietly of course) and a bit this evening at our METC dinner. Her husband IS a real rocket scientist. Who knew? Her decision to share the quoted thoughts above on her homepage speaks volumes about her values as an educator and change agent for engaged learning.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Mapping Media is now Show What You Know with Media - 2015
- An #etmooc Distributed Digital Storytelling Activity about Beauty - 2013
- Embed a MP3 Audio File in a WordPress.com Blog Post - 2012
- Face the Facebook: Implications and Consequences for Educators Using Social Media by Colin Webb - 2012
- Harnessing the Digital Landscape by David Warlick - 2012
- Look at Me Now! Changing the Face of Professional Development - 2012
- Learning About Notetaking on the iPad at @thedivorg via @ipadwithwes - 2012
- The Story of 1:1 Learning in Tupelo, Mississippi #msmeca11 - 2011
- Podcasting & Mobile Media for Teaching & Learning by Larry Anderson #msmeca11 - 2011
- Cartooning Around in Language Arts by Malia Triggs #msmeca11 - 2011