Here’s the text version, shared by Dan Lourcey, in case the image version above is not readable in your location or on your device:I have been out of the classroom for approximately five years, working very closely with teachers, principals, superintendents in my work at NC Virtual School. I have received the best PD I have ever had in the last 9 months, in entire 18 years I have been in education. I attribute this capacity building to my PLN–through technology that has transformed my learning approach and ability to teach and coach adult learners. My thinking has morphed into something altogether different than when I was in the classroom: more need of problem solving, critical thinking, collaboration, connecting, etc. I always have considered myself a good teacher, but if I returned, I feel certain that I would better teacher, even a great teacher, only because I now know how to harness the power of resources like technology. To that end. technology would not just be a tool and not in siloes but seamlessly integrated into the climate and culture of my room; I would be much more focused on my free-agent learners, understanding that they know what is best for them and how they learn, and therefore able to make choices to customize their own learning. So now, I get to play in the sand box with leaders, helping them close their own gap between knowing and doing–very exciting.
Follow Dan Lourcey on Twitter.Sent from my iPad
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Experimenting with WordPress on the Google Cloud with Bitnami - 2016
- Transfer Video from an Android Phone to an iPad - 2014
- iPad Media Camp FAQs (July 2013) - 2013
- Convert Text Into Audio for Free (on a Mac) - 2011
- Through my Students' Eyes - 2009
- Ready to mobile-blog our vacation - 2009
- Places to post video for higher education types - 2009
- They Have Names - 2008
- DanCoyote ZeroG SkyDancers at MODLA in Second Life on 10 July 2008 - 2008
- Beyond the Virtual Fieldtrip and the Collaborative Project...KC3: A National Challenge - 2008