Steve Johnson (@edtechsteve on Twitter) posted the following 3 min, 40 sec video to The Educator’s PLN Ning in November 2009. The video, “Digital Footprints – Your New First Impression,” is based on a 2009 Harris poll about reasons employers report making positive or negative hiring decisions based on social media contributions of candidates.
The May 2010 PEW Internet report, “Reputation Management and Social Media,” includes even more updated statistics related to digital footprints. These include the poll finding that a majority of adults now “Google themselves.” In my own presentations about Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship for students as well as adults, the importance of taking a PROACTIVE role in managing your digital footprint is one of multiple themes I emphasize.
I’ve added this video link to my “Videos for PD” page under the heading, “Cyberbullying Prevention, Internet Safety, Safe Online Social Networking.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Updated Media Product Names for Mapping Media to the Common Core - 2012
- Great Reasons Geography ROCKS! - 2011
- The Changing Face of Home Media Consumption - 2011
- Understanding and OPPOSING Misdirected Educational Reform Efforts - 2011
- A pretty strong warning - 2010
- Least Common Multiple Woes? Khan Academy to the Rescue! - 2010
- Seth Godin on book publishing - 2010
- Oklahoma City area WordPress User Group Meeting - 2009
- Recommended resources for a new school librarian - 2009
- USHMM online at YouTube - 2007