4 California schools are participating in a pilot study to replace their traditional paper-based textbooks with Apple iPads, a digital version of their Algebra textbook, and access to 400 online videos about Algebra. (article link)
I wonder if any university professors or other academic researchers are doing a comparative study of Algebra students equipped with less expensive netbooks and access to the FREE Khan Academy?
H/T to my mom for sharing this article via her Posterous blog!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- STEM and Coding in Yukon Public Schools Featured on Oklahoma Horizon TV - 2016
- Navigating the Minefield of College Admissions Risks and Rewards - 2016
- Opening Doors for Students: An ISTE 2013 Ignite Presentation - 2013
- Reflections from the Bund in Shanghai - 2011
- Time to ditch Diigo or pay up? - 2010
- Farewell Bloglines, my first digital newspaper - 2010
- Arrange iPhone icons now in iTunes 9.0 - 2009
- Addressing the R Word Proactively and Flagging YouTube Videos - 2009
- Podcast279V: Setting up a SubDomain with cPanel - 2008
- No time to make a video? No problem with Animoto! - 2007