One team of participants in my cohort group at the Learning 2.010 conference this past weekend in Shanghai created this “Brave New Expo” animation as their final project, using the website GoAnimate. If you’re a Star Trek fan, you’re especially likely to think this is VERY clever. As a bit of related background, the World Expo is going on in Shanghai now through the end of October. (I spent about six hours there today and it WAS amazing, although I didn’t see anyone “beaming up” or down to/from an orbiting spacecraft!)
We believe everyone has good stories to tell. However, for the majority of us, the tools that are available for us to express ourselves are very limited. GoAnimate is founded to provide an outlet for everyone’s creativities and ideas.
In the past, it was very difficult and time consuming to make animated cartoons. Now with GoAnimate, you can easily make animations the way your want to. There is nothing to download and there is no need to draw. You can make your own animated characters, direct your own cartoons, and watch others’ creations. It’s easy, fun and free. You can customize your animations with a large number of tools and features that allow you to create truly unique works of expression.
For more links related to our Learning 2.010 cohort’s themes, “Visual Literacy and Digital Storytelling,” check out our wiki: Talk with Media. I’m thinking we need to add a new category to our list for creative stories?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Provide Family Tech Support FREE with Teamviewer - 2020
- Teaching iPad Videography From 3800 Miles Away - 2014
- Copying the Textbook is NOT an Acceptable Assignment - 2012
- New Video Editing Options with YouTube's Browser-based Editor and Magisto - 2011
- Making the Case for Sharing Curriculum Openly Online - 2011
- Radio Program for Playing with Media? - 2011
- World Expo Shanghai (a VoiceThread digital story) - 2010
- Takeaways from the 21st Century Learning @ Hong Kong Conference - 2009
- New South Wales: The One to Watch as a Scaled 1:1 Deployment - 2009
- Mysterious Macbook mouse button problem - 2007