The World Expo is currently running in Shanghai, China, and yesterday I had an opportunity to spend about six hours there touring some of the country pavilions. According to the official Shanghai Expo website, as of day 144 there have been over 53 million visitors from around the world to this year’s exposition. Yesterday alone there were just under 300,000 visitors.
I created the following 20 frame VoiceThread digital story to share some of the images and my perceptions of my visit yesterday to the pavilions of Oman, Iran, Qatar, and Israel.
I’ve uploaded about 100 of my photos from yesterday to a Flickr set, and will be uploading the rest (along with about 12 videos) in upcoming days. Please chime in on the VoiceThread with your own comments, questions, and reflections.
It’s wonderful how a simple smile has such power to transcend barriers of language, politics, and culture.
china, digitalstorytelling, shanghai, travel, voicethread, world, expo, exposition, digitalstory
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Tips for Using Jamboard - 2022
- Provide Family Tech Support FREE with Teamviewer - 2020
- Teaching iPad Videography From 3800 Miles Away - 2014
- Copying the Textbook is NOT an Acceptable Assignment - 2012
- New Video Editing Options with YouTube's Browser-based Editor and Magisto - 2011
- Making the Case for Sharing Curriculum Openly Online - 2011
- Radio Program for Playing with Media? - 2011
- Create animated cartoon videos with GoAnimate #learning2cn - 2010
- Takeaways from the 21st Century Learning @ Hong Kong Conference - 2009
- New South Wales: The One to Watch as a Scaled 1:1 Deployment - 2009