This podcast is a recording of Sheri Burkeen and Shelley Herzke’s presentation, “PODDY Training: iPod Touches in the Early Childhood Classroom” on 1 Oct 2010 at the Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence’s fall conference in Memphis, Tennessee. This session was described as “A hands-on workshop with iPod Touch apps designed especially for young children.” Please refer to the podcast shownotes for links to my text notes of this session, along with a link to the AppsFire page of Sheri and Shelley which includes ALL the iOS applications they discussed in this outstanding presentation.
- AppFire links for iOS Apps referenced in this session
- Resources for this session
- Sheri Burkeen on Twitter: @ecctech
- Shelley Herzke on Twitter: @sherzke
- St. Mary’s Episcopal School (Memphis, TN)
- My text notes from this session
- The Martin Institute
- The Martin Institute Conference Wiki (with links to presentation resources)
- Twitter posts on #micon (Martin Institute Conference)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- A Fourth Grader is Inspired by Oklahoma Artist Danny Gordon - 2013
- Congrats Brad Wilson: iRig Mic Winner for Sharing Student Media in September - 2011
- My TeachMeet Tennessee Shares on Digital Storytelling and Balanced Filtering in Schools #tmtn - 2010
- Audioboo: Favorite family web 2.0 app by @clifmims #tmtn - 2010
- 2010 will be an interesting year for Oklahoma educational politics - 2009
- RIAA lawsuits are not constructive responses to P2P file sharing - 2008
- Wiki feedback for a podcast on technology leadership - 2007
- A whole different level of amateur rocket launches - 2007