Last month on September 18th, the first student-organized TEDx event took place in Redmond, Washington. Some of the student presentations are now available on the TEDxRedmond website, under the “live” tab. These include the following nine minute presentation and song by Zoe Sprankle, who is the daughter of noted Maine educator Bob Sprankle. The title of Zoe’s presentation was “Impact, Effect and Purpose.”
Check out Bob’s great podcast of audio interviews with presenters and parents of presenters from TEDxRedmond. The podcast is 93 minutes long.
Zoe’s blog is “Footprints on Paper.”
Seeing and hearing Zoe present makes me look forward to our “Student Voices” strand in the K-12 Online Conference this year! The conference begins tomorrow with Dean Shareski’s opening pre-conference keynote!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Podiant: A Great Platform for Podcasting and Migrated Podcasts - 2017
- Shelly Fryer on Classroom 2.0 Live - Saturday October 15th - 2016
- FREE Open Mic Webinar on Digital Storytelling: Saturday Oct 11, 2014 - 2014
- Student-Created Sequoyah Book Reports, AudioBoo, iPads and QR Codes - 2012
- 4th Graders Interview Michigan State Representative Al Pscholka - 2011
- High Stakes Tests do NOT encourage a 21st Century Skill Focus - 2010
- Help needed with Packeteer and Videoconferencing - 2008
- Connecting our world and our generational responsibility to do better - 2008
- Refreshed VoiceThread and Parent Permission form - 2007
- Join our skypecast: When Night Falls discussion! - 2006