You can’t put a pricetag on the value of your own child’s voice, sharing an exciting moment or explaining something in their own words. We publish a lot of things over on “Learning Signs,” our family learning blog, but one of the most important things we do is record and share our voices.
Two weeks ago, my six year old traveled with me to the University of North Texas in Denton to teach pre-service education students about AudioBoo. At her elementary school this year, each child had an opportunity Friday to dress up as a “storybook character” for Halloween and participate in a “Storybook parade.” Rachel chose to dress up like Mulan. In this 75 second audio recording, captured with AudioBoo for free, Rachel shared WHY she chose Mulan and why her story inspires her.
Do you have any young children at your house this weekend, dressing up for Halloween? If so, consider recording some of their perceptions and ideas with digital audio! AudioBoo is free, easy to use, and has applications for both iOS (iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad) as well as Android. It also has a web-based audio recording option, but I have found the smartphone recorder is the best since it’s flexibly mobile.
This two minute video provides a speedy overview of AudioBoo.
Intro to Audioboo from Mark Rock on Vimeo.
Be aware the smartphone AudioBoo applications can geo-locate your recordings. Depending on where you are and who you are with, you may want to disable that feature. You can delete locations from previously recorded AudioBoos if desired, when you are logged into the website.
Happy trick or treating, if you’re celebrating Halloween tomorrow. Be safe, and good luck digitally recording some of the excitement of the holiday!
audioboo, digital, family, fun, halloween, record, storytelling
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Don't Get Tricked Online - A Media Literacy Lesson - 2019
- Amazed by Edgar's Design Creativity in Minecraft - 2014
- Photographic Highlights and Mapping Media Learning from NW Illinois - 2013
- Innovative Learning Institute in Norman: Nov 6, 2012 - 2012
- Digital Magazines: Text Plus Multimedia - 2011
- When Parents Don't Want Student Email - 2011
- Mirroring an iPad with iOS 5 & Apple TV - 2011
- Platforms for Interactively Sharing Student Work - 2010
- The Research on Teaching Animation Design Art by Yang Huansong - 2009
- Viva Las Vegas with Elvis in Hangzhou, China - 2009
[…] AudioBoo provides a great opportunity to record and share holiday memories « Moving at the Speed of… RT @wfryer: AudioBoo provides a great opportunity to record and share holiday memories http://bit.ly/aYetxg #mlearning (tags: via:packrati.us mlearning) […]