In 1999, the Grape iMac G3 was a hot commodity.
Over Halloween weekend, my 6 year old and I almost “put down” my dad’s old iMac G3 (by formatting the hard drive.) We felt compelled to record a sort of memorial video to it, remembering the old glory of the OS 9 launcher, Oregon Trail, and more.
It turns out we needed an OS 9 system CD to format the drive, which I didn’t have at the time. On our next trip to Manhattan, I’ll probably put her to sleep. Bye, bye, grape iMac G3. You served our family well.
video, youtube, imac, g3, grape, memorial
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Reasons to Invest in Education - 2011
- 3 External Microphone Options for iPads (Nov 2011) - 2011
- Captions and Cross-References for Automatic Page Numbers in MS Word - 2011
- Pennsylvania Newspaper Article / School Tech Director Misrepresents CIPA - 2011
- Ready for the Creativity World Forum #cwf2010 - 2010
- Learning about the amazing iOS Square Credit Card solution - 2010
- Accessing the web where URL shorteners don't work? Problem solved with Untiny - 2009
- Branching surveys and self-grading quizzes in Google Forms / Google Docs - 2009
- Ustream chat moderation lessons and Coursecasting opinions - 2008
- Negotiations with Siteground for alleged shared hosting account "abuse" continue - 2008
Nice tribute. I have a blue one in my basement. 20 gig hard drive. I have memory chips to upgrade it so that I can install Tiger. Just haven’t got around to it yet.
We outfitted several labs with these in our school back in the day. Fun trip down memory lane, Wes.