This 3 minute, 45 second video clip was recorded at the Creativity World Forum in Oklahoma City on 17 November 2010. Members of the panel included Scott Noppe-Brandon, Matt Brown, and David Edwards. In this segment, panelists give their advice for how parents can effectively encourage and support creativity in their children. The initial seconds of the video are David Edwards, a Harvard professor and amazing creative mind, discussing how play is vital in higher education and other contexts.
Read my notes from this amazing panel discussion on the post, “From Imagination to Innovation: Creativity World Forum.”
advice, creative, creativity, kid, kids, parent, parenting, play, suggestion
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- New Snow Day iMovie Trailer Video - 2014
- Identity, Bias, Differences and Change - 2014
- Share Your Ideas: Platforms for Publishing #globaled10 - 2010
- Privacy Implications of your Social Graph on Facebook #cwf2010 - 2010
- Amazing iPad Digital Drawings at the Creativity World Forum #cwf2010 - 2010
- Legos, Creativity, and the Oklahoma City Lego Store - 2010
- Are We Ready to Innovate? Closing Creativity World Forum Session #cwf2010 - 2010
- imagination conversations: a project of the Lincoln Center Institute #cwf2010 - 2010
- The Power of Deep Structure by Andrew Zolli #cwf2010 - 2010
- From Imagination to Innovation: Creativity World Forum #cwf2010 - 2010
Those interested in this topic might also find this article interesting:
“Creativity by Choice, Not by Chance: Unleashing Your Child’s Creativity”
International Centre for Creativity and Imagination
[…] Speed of Creativity posted a 3 minute video clip recorded at the Creativity World Forum on 17th November in Oklahoma City. Advice for Parents: How to Encourage Creativity in Your child […]