Please help spread the word about the December 14th and 15th workshops in Oklahoma City about Google Tools which I’m organizing and leading. More information and registration links are available on wiki.wesfryer.com/workshops. With the help of an iWork template for Pages, I created an informational flyer about these BYOL (bring your own laptop) hands-on workshops, which you are welcome to share as well.
Day 1 will focus on Google Documents, Spreadsheets, Forms, Presentations and Drawing, and day 2 will focus on Google Maps and Google Earth. I’ve led and organized many workshops in the past, but this is the first time I’m offering some independently through the LLC I set up this past summer. I’m hopeful we’ll have a good turnout and this will be a success. The Colloquium Conference Room of the Presbyterian Health Foundation Executive Conference Center in Oklahoma City, where the workshops will be held, is an amazing venue for learning events.
Lunch, refreshments and parking are all included in the ticket price, which is $100 per person, per day. I’ve toyed with the idea of having Big Truck Tacos cater our lunch, but I haven’t finalized those arrangements yet. I’m in the process of sending out some emails to different folks I know this week, who will hopefully help spread the word. I’ve considered taking out some advertising in our local papers (The Daily Oklahoman and the Edmond Sun) but haven’t done that yet. I’ve also considered a small Google Ad Words campaign and investigating some modest Facebook ads. I know very little at this point about mainstream media marketing campaigns, as well as web ads, but I’m thinking it might be a good idea to try out some new options to spread the word for these events. If these initial workshops go over well, I’d love to offer more in January on digital storytelling with iOS devices and blogging. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes’ free newsletter. Check out Wes’ video tutorial library, “Playing with Media.” Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Using the Daum Equation Editor to Format Math Equations for Wolfram Alpha – 2012
- How to publish an audio lecturecast with Podcast Generator (screencast demo) – 2010
- Meet Jonney Shih, Netbook innovator – 2009
- Power of Google Voice Transcriptions comes to YouTube with Automatic Annotations – 2009
- GPS learning in the air and on the highway – 2008
- 1963 to 2007: Broadcasting has come a long way – 2007
- Oklahoma centennial photos, videos, and reflections – 2007
- Create a skype button – responsibly – 2007
- Residential wifi proliferates – 2007
- 3rd grade website about Africa – 2006