Last week in Maine, Bob Sprankle showed me how to double click the home button on an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch) which is running the latest 4.0 firmware from Apple. This displays the applications which have been opened, lets users quit/close apps so they are not using any device memory, and also lock the device orientation (in either portrait or landscape mode.) In the following five minute screencast I demonstrate these steps, and also mention Appolicious (my profile ID is wfryer) as a wonderful tool for sharing and learning about new iOS apps. This screencast (created with Screenr) is iOS compatible.
Additional screencasts are available on Screenr. This screencast has been cross-posted to YouTube also. Hat tip to Lucy Gray who shared Appolicious with me several months ago, I show her Appolicious profile in this screencast as well. I created the personalized, mobile-friendly website shown on the left side of the screencast above with Wirenode. (free) Hat tip to Tony Vincent for sharing Wirenode, used by 4th grade teacher Lauren Haber, in his October 10th post on LearningInHand.com, “iPod touch, Apps & Wirenode in Fourth Grade.” Learn about more great educational iOS apps from Tony in his (free) 2010 K-12 Online Conference presentation, “Project Based Learning in Hand.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Reflections on Learning from the OU Innovation Hub - 2017
- Laptops and iPhones Can Eat Cellular LTE Data FAST - 2014
- iPhone LIVE Webcasting to UStream, Tiered iPhone Data Plans, Exaflood Rumors - 2009
- Why aren't we using the real world? - 2009
- VoiceThread compared to GarageBand - 2008
- Tips for digital story evaluation - 2008
- A great way to catch up on your edublog reading - 2008
- Home at last! - 2007
- 2006 Edublog Awards - 2006
- Intermediate/Advanced Topics in Podcasting - 2006