On December 2, 2010, I had an opportunity to visit Yarmouth High School, in Yarmouth Maine, with a group from Sweden touring innovative schools in the state implementing 1:1 learning projects as part of the Maine Learning Technology Initiative (MLTI.) This tour was organized by leaders of the Maine International Center for Digital Learning (MICDL.) I am continuing to share a series of videos I recorded on the tour, and am creating an index page for these videos on wiki.wesfryer.com/videos.
In this video (1:19) taken from the start of our tour, Ben Nickerson, a senior at Yarmouth High School, welcomes our tour group and explains the format for our morning of learning alongside students and teachers.
In this 1:36 video, Ben explains how electronic collaboration at Yarmouth High School has made a wide variety of interactions easier and faster for students as well as teachers.
In this 1:23 video, Ben describes how students have increasingly taken on technology support roles during the school’s 1:1 learning project.
Many, many thanks to Alice Barr who facilitated this visit to Yarmouth High School for a great morning of learning!
Learn more from Ben Nickerson as well as Ben McNaboe, the hosts of the Ben & Ben show, by viewing their 2010 K-12 Online Conference presentatation, “The Ben N Ben Show: Promoting Student Voice through a Student Hosted Webcast.” Visit their show’s homepage on Google Sites to access and view all their past episodes: sites.google.com/site/bennbenshow.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Virtual Spaces Increasingly Shape Our Learning - 2016
- 2015 Classroom Challenge: STEM Curiosity Links - 2015
- Why We Cancelled Our Hulu Plus Subscription - 2012
- Entrepreneurial Traits and Skills To Nurture in 2012 - 2012
- Tweets and Photos from Astronauts in Space: Consider the Possibilities! - 2011
- K12Online09 on The Heartland Flyer - 2010
- Webapps as desktop apps with Prism and Fluid (site specific browsers - SSBs) - 2009
- Dinosaurs in Oklahoma and our initial museum iPod audio tour experience - 2009
- Updated content filtering wiki page - 2008
- Home Internet Content filtering needs: Solved with OpenDNS - 2008