Please join my daughter, Sarah, and I, along with Dean Shareski and Charles Farrel, as special guests on the January 6th webcast of Seedlings on EdTechTalk. (That’s tomorrow night!) Seedlings is a wonderful, FREE, weekly audio webcast (with a text backchannel) hosted by Bob Sprankle, Alice Barr and Cheryl Oakes— made possible by the fantastic folks at EdTechTalk. This is a photo of Sarah and I with the amazing Seedlings in October 2009, when we were in Maine for the ACTEM conference.
Our theme for tomorrow’s webcast is Photo 365 projects, which Sarah and I have started for 2011. We are both using Tumblr blogs to share our photos, and iPhones (1st gen and an iPhone4) to take our daily pics. Sarah’s 365 blog is on 365.thezebraprint.com and mine is 365.wesfryer.com. Charles’ 365 blog is www.charlesfarrellart.com/365/. I’m excited to learn more about what Charles as well as Dean are doing with their photography. Dean has a Flickr photo feed Twitter account as @dshareski, and has a photo Twitter list on shareski/photos. His 365 photos are on Flickr. Bob has links to three different photography blogs from art.bobsprankle.com: His 365 blog, an iPhoneography blog, and a PhotoShop blog. Cheryl’s well into year 2 of her 365 photo project, and posts daily to a Flickr set. I don’t think Alice is doing a 365 photo project.
Since I’m now following 365 photo projects on multiple platforms (not just Tumblr) I’ve subscribed to these sites within a single Google Reader category. I made that into a Google Reader Bundle (including 16 different feeds at present) and you can subscribe to it if desired.
The conversations begin tomorrow evening (North American time) at 7:30 pm EST / 6:30 pm CST / 5:30 pm MST / 4:30 pm PDT. Visit edtechtalk.com/live to join, listening to the live audio stream and joining in the backchannel text chat.
Also don’t miss the Seedlings’ “Geek of the Week” links shared on Delicious.com as seedlingsgeekoftheweek.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Share Podcast Excerpts using Audacity, iMovie and Google Slides - 2020
- We Need More Curious Dreamers, Tinkerers and Makers - 2016
- Best Free iPad Apps for Stopmotion Movies - 2016
- Why I Switched My WordPress Web Host from WP Engine to Site5 - 2014
- Optimize a Google Site for Mobile Accessibility and Metrics - 2012
- Upset about Standardized Testing (Love Letter To Albuquerque Public Schools) - 2011
- Powerful Ingredients Videoconference today - 2010
- Access your notes even after your textbook subscription expires - 2010
- Copyright-friendly image source websites - 2009
- A whole lotta Twitter phishin goin' on - 2009