Did you know a “freezer” for cooling glass can be one thousand degrees fahrenheit?!
This past Christmas break, our family stopped in Santa Fe, New Mexico and visited Jackalope. Our favorite part of the store (which is fantastic) is the glass blower’s demonstration area, where we learned numerous things about this intriguing art form. I recorded several videos (with permission) of the glass blowing demonstrations. The first video is on YouTube, the next two are on Flickr. (Flickr limits videos to a maximum length of 90 seconds.) Enjoy!
A Glass Blowing Demonstration (90 seconds)
We purchased a glass flower which the same glass blower had created earlier using the same method shown in the last video above.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Embed Twitter Widget in Dot Net Nuke (DNN) Website - 2015
- Disadvantages of Openly Sharing Media - 2014
- Yukon Students Learning Computer Programming with Scratch - 2013
- Introduction to the Common Core State Standards by Karen Robertson - 2012
- An Iterative Google Search (with advanced options) solves a MS Word File Saving Problem - 2012
- Good Memories from Denton and UNT - 2011
- Virtual DNA Fingerprinting Lab (1 to 1 Learning in Yarmouth, Maine) - 2011
- Brainstorm & Find Available Websites with DomainStorm - 2011
- Getting Creative with Windows Live Movie Maker on a Netbook - 2010
- Recovering lost iTunes Song Purchases (maybe) and iTunes Library Backups - 2010