As the executive director of Storychasers, I’m cross-posting the following information here from the Storychasers blog.
Storychasers is pleased to announce the dates for four upcoming “phase 1” digital storytelling workshops in Spring 2011:
- Celebrate Oklahoma Voices 19-21 Jan 2011 Yukon, OK
- Celebrate Oklahoma Voices 2-4 Mar 2011 Midwest City, OK
- TBA 6-8 Apr 2011 (location TBA)
- TBA 20-22 Apr 2011 (location TBA)
Ten slots remain available / open for next week’s “Celebrate Oklahoma Voices” workshop in Yukon, Oklahoma. Visit our “Attend a Workshop” webpage for more information, and the link to submit an online inquiry for registration. We’d love to have you and others from your school or community join us!
Pricing for our 2011 workshops has been reduced and simplified. The “standard cost” for our 2.5 day phase 1 workshops, including digital backpack equipment each participant keeps, is $499 per person. If participants (or schools) do not want to pay to keep equipment, the “standard cost” for the workshop is $249 per person. In 2011 we are extending offers to several state organizations in Texas, Kansas, and Oklahoma, to formally partner with us and offer discounted workshop options for their members. More information about workshop pricing and partnership opportunities is available.
We are in the process of updating and combining information from various websites in a new Storychasers’ informational website: info.storychasers.org. If you have any feedback, suggestions, or ideas, we’d love to hear from you. We hope to empower many new “digital witnesses” in 2011. Please help spread the word about our workshops so your local community can gain more digital storytellers this year!
digital, education, learning, school, storychasers, storytelling, workshop, partner, partnership
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- iPad App Smashing Green Screen Videos from YouTube - 2016
- Add Questions to YouTube Videos for Class Discussions - 2015
- Block Video Ads in YouTube - 2014
- Create a Custom Google Gadget for Blogger or Google Sites - 2012
- What websites should be whitelisted on school content filters? - 2011
- Oklahoma Political Themes: Fire Rural School Superintendents and Overpaid State Physicians - 2011
- Great first impressions of videoconferencing via Google Chat - 2009
- Discussing the documentary Crystal Darkness at UCO with Oklahoma A+ Schools - 2009
- Join me on Ustream from UCO Tuesday for the Crystal Darkness Documentary Post-Show - 2009
- Response to a newspaper editor, Buddy Pearson, on social networking experiences - 2008