Today in Jackson, Mississippi at the 2011 Mississippi Educational Computing Association annual conference, I had an opportunity to hear Dr Randy Shaver and other members of his learning team at Tupelo Public Schools share the inspirational story of their community’s journey to 1:1 blended learning. Amazingly, this has taken place in the past TWO years without ANY grant funds or external funding. I recorded this session for an audio podcast, but also live-streamed via Ustream. The audio is a little quiet, and an SMS message interrupted my recording partway through, but hopefully these recordings will convey the energy, enthusiasm, passion, and GREAT ideas which were shared in this session. It is no mere coincidence Tupelo schools have partnered with Apple for their 1:1 project, and several visits to Cupertino for Apple Executive Leadership Meetings helped catalyze this project.
Did you see the “Intro. to ECON – iMovie” at the start of the 2010-2011 school year?” Mr. Bishop is a teacher in Tupelo schools. Whenever I see amazing creativity like this, I’m never surprised to see the platform the creator is using. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Mapping Media is now Show What You Know with Media - 2015
- An #etmooc Distributed Digital Storytelling Activity about Beauty - 2013
- Embed a MP3 Audio File in a WordPress.com Blog Post - 2012
- Face the Facebook: Implications and Consequences for Educators Using Social Media by Colin Webb - 2012
- Harnessing the Digital Landscape by David Warlick - 2012
- Look at Me Now! Changing the Face of Professional Development - 2012
- Learning About Notetaking on the iPad at @thedivorg via @ipadwithwes - 2012
- Podcasting & Mobile Media for Teaching & Learning by Larry Anderson #msmeca11 - 2011
- Cartooning Around in Language Arts by Malia Triggs #msmeca11 - 2011
- Choose teaching - 2010