Last week I had an opportunity to share some of the background behind our Storychasers nonprofit as well as the Celebrate Kansas Voices oral history project with attendees at the 2011 MACE Conference in Manhattan. Lori Hollar Swim was in the audience, and after the conference used video she recorded with her mobile phone as well as various images to create a multimedia poster with Glogster summarizing some of her learning from the keynote. Great work, Lori– way to talk with media! Part of the presentation Lori captured with video included my 10 year old daughter, Sarah, sharing about her cooking show, webshow (“The Zebra Print“) and about using VoiceThread.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- The Coronavirus Pandemic and Media Literacy - 2020
- March is Teen DIY Tech Month at OKC Metro Libraries - 2014
- Free K12 Lesson Plans from K20ALT for STEM & More! (Audio Podcast with Adam Zodrow) - 2012
- The Legacy of Sandy Garrett in Oklahoma: A Case Study of "Whistleblower Needed" - 2012
- Presentation Links from the 2011 Heartland eLearning Conference #heartlandconf11 - 2011
- The Visions of Students Today by @mwesch #heartlandconf11 - 2011
- How to Boil the Ocean: Lessons of Blogging for Online Discussions by @berlinf #heartlandconf11 - 2011
- Cloudy is a Good Thing!: Enhancing Instruction with Tools from the Cloud #heartlandconf11 - 2011
- Michael Wesch Keynote at 2011 Heartland eLearning Conference #heartlandconf11 - 2011
- Don't just blame the kids: Adults face social media challenges too - 2010