In his 11 minute presentation at Harvard’s Think Big 2 Event, Larry Lessig shared a passionate call for us to become “root strikers,” in the parlance of Henry David Thoreau, to wage a war to save our republic from the funders who now buy influence in Washington DC as a normal matter of course.
Take about ten minutes to watch this video and be inspired. I agree with Larry, it’s time to strike the roots.
We need to take action to take back our republic from the corporations and wealthy individuals who now purchase the laws they want. As Larry exhorts us, the dependency of our nation should be on the will of the people. This is the REAL political reform we need to advance in the United States.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Conference Podcast Recipe and Workflow - 2015
- My Hail Story - 2013
- The Portable $500 LED Projector I Want - 2013
- Lessons Learned Following Oklahoma School Beating Amplified by Social Media - 2012
- Using Copyright-friendly Images Effectively in Presentations - 2011
- Embedding a Google Document in a Google Site Page - 2010
- Powerful Stopmotion video on Children's Rights - 2010
- links for 2008-04-26 - 2008
- Building 21st Century Learners by Kevin Honeycutt - 2007
- The Monroe Doctrine: Effective Practices that Create Excellent Schools - 2007