Today I’m in White Oak ISD, Texas, just outside Longview sharing two presentations with educators at the TCEA Area 7 Summer Conference. My opening keynote, “Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World,” is a longer version of yesterday’s presentation in Houston and includes two additional videos. Links and my presentation slides (2.6 MB PDF) are available on my handouts wiki.
My breakout session today in White Oak is entitled, “Celebrate Texas Voices: Empowering Digital Witnesses.” Storychasers launched this statewide oral history project two months ago, with a workshop in Lubbock, Texas, and we already have 35 videos created by Texas teachers and students on the site. I am showing the following two videos from Celebrate Texas Voices during my presentation today.
Family Fabric by Janie Fryar: The story of SS Rush and his contribution to the cotton industry in Lubbock County.
Bill’s Day by students of Kathylyn Sedgwick: Ralls High School students did a history project. In this documentary, students chronicle Bill’s Day.
If you are in Texas and are interested in “volunteering your site” to host a Celebrate Texas Voices two day digital storytelling workshop, read more about the hosting requirements and contact Storychasers for more information! We’d love to schedule more Celebrate Texas Voices workshops for later this summer and in the fall!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- July 11, 2015: Student Journalism / Storychaser Club 101 Workshop - 2015
- No-edit Audio Podcasts of Conference Presentations Via Cinch @cinchcast #edapp #tatc11 - 2011
- Managing iOS Devices in the Classroom #tatc11 - 2011
- Live and archived Ustream recordings from the Castilleja Summer Learning Institute - 2010
- Learning Environment Design by Apple - 2010
- Public education is not failing, but political spin doctors want you to think so - 2010
- Explain Virtually Anything with Claymation and Digital Storytelling - 2010
- links for 2008-06-10 - 2008
- Trends, Tools, and Tactics for 21st Century Learning - 2008
- $100 million for a petaflop of performance - 2008