What is blended learning and why should educators embrace it? How can we move towards a vision of blended learning in our schools? This session presents an OVERVIEW, WAYPOINTS, and DIRECTIONS for the Roadmap to Blended Learning.
I’ve shared a variety of resource links on my curriculum wiki. These include:
The 7.5 minute video, “Iowa Did You Know?” (August 2011)
In the second hour of each session (which will be repeated in the morning and afternoon) we’ll be exploring some of the Moodle demo courses available on the official Moodle.org demo site.
In addition to encouraging teachers to build and cultivate their classroom “home base” (wiki) and “newspaper” (blog) I’m throwing down the glove for the playing with media classroom challenge!
Even if you’re not a teacher in Ft Gibson, I encourage you to take the challenge! More on this to come as my advocacy for “playing with media” continues!
blended, blog, development, edtech, education, fort, leadership, learning, moodle, oklahoma, pd, playingwithmedia, professional, technology, vision, wiki, #playingwithmedia, lms, ftgibson, gibson
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- iOS Podcast Subscriptions on the Go - 2011
- Bring on the EVs (electric vehicles,) EV Conversion Kits, ZERO Emissions Cars and Plug-In Hybrids - 2010
- Hi tech Disney demos for A Christmas Carol - 2009
- New Ustream and Qik Apps available for iPhone, but no live-streaming without jailbreak - 2009
- Learning about new iPhone and iTouch Apps (Aug 2009) - 2009
- WikiPedia gives good citation advice - 2008
- Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus formatting problem solved - 2008
- Keyboard practice and racing with Typeracer - 2008
- "Upgrading" by Bob Sprankle - 2007
- Instructive experiences with WinXP and a tablet PC - 2006