In the course of your studies or the studies of your students on World War II, is the Dunkirk evacuation part of your curriculum? That was an amazing and inspirational rescue by sea, but did you know even more people were rescued by boat from Manhattan Island in New York City after the 9-11 terrorist attacks in 2001? Take twelve minutes and watch the short documentary, “BOATLIFT, An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience,” narrated by Tom Hanks.
It’s a moving piece and makes me wish it didn’t take tragic events to bring people together and “bring out the hero” in everyday folks.
From a digital storytelling perspective, this video is very well crafted.
Thanks to Ron Peeler for sharing this.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- The Story of Bella Tunno (Narrated Sketchnote) - 2022
- Screenshot Keyboard Shortcuts - 2018
- Starting Off Makers Club with Water Bottle Rocket Launches - 2014
- iTunes Match: All My Songs Now Available in the iCloud - 2012
- Talk with Media: Visual Literacy and Digital Storytelling #learning2cn - 2010
- Three exemplary International Schools in Hong Kong - 2009
- Brightstorm: High school course help on the way - 2008
- The time for economic concern has come (a vast understatement) - 2008
- Financial literacy web tools and curriculum from Shryk - 2008
- Troubled by a literacy Google search - 2006