This video is a great example of fair use and legal video remixing. Show this to your students and discuss it. Is this legal? Are the creators going to be sued by Lucasfilm? Why or why not? See copyright and fair use resources from the Media Education Lab at Temple University for more on this. I also have helpful links (and a free chapter of my eBook) on the copyright page of playingwithmedia.com.
Hat tip to Dawn Pearce for sharing this.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Amazing #STEM Animated Visual Notes by Dominic Walliman - 2020
- Benefits of Updating a Home WiFi Router to Apple's Time Capsule - 2014
- Create Clever Information Traps with Zoo Tool, Posterous, & ifttt - 2011
- Holiday Video Fun with an iPhone and iMovie 09 - 2009
- Download Fan Fiction Books and Read Offline on an iPhone / iPod Touch with Stanza - 2009
- Live (and archived) student news from Howe, Oklahoma! - 2008
- Santa prefers cheese corn to cookies on Christmas Eve - 2008