This is a 10 minute video interview recorded on January 14, 2012, at the Trapper’s Rendezvous campout west of Newton, Kansas. This historian shares some history about Kansas in the U.S. Civil War. He provided background about the 7th Regiment Kansas Volunteer Cavalry, the Bushwhackers, Jayhawkers, Quantrill’s Raiders and the scorched earth tactics which eventually were used by Sherman‘s troops in the south at the close of the U.S. Civil War.
More photos from the 2012 Trapper’s Rendezvous are available in this Flickr set.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Why You Should NOT Quit Facebook or Twitter - 2019
- Free Home Internet Filtering option (OpenDNS) - 2014
- Amazing Minecraft Webshows, Music Videos and Parody Animation Videos - 2013
- Trapper's Rendezvous 2012: An iPhone documentary - 2012
- Recoverable and Resumable YouTube Uploads with Chrome and FireFox - 2012
- Retrain, Retire or Resign: Options for Adult Paradigm Paralysis - 2011
- First XtraNormal Video: MySpace Suicide Prevention - 2011
- Netflix streaming coming to the Nintendo Wii - 2010
- Preparing for digital storytelling workshops (Celebrate Oklahoma Voices) - 2009
- ISTEconnects Blog - The Conversations Begin - 2009