(cross-posted from Instructional FAQs for Yukon Public Schools)
When you post a video to YouTube, it is a good idea to turn ON comment moderation. As of this writing in February 2012, it is not possible to make “comment moderation ON” a default setting in YouTube. Follow these three steps after uploading a video to turn on comment moderation.
First, click EDIT info on the video you want to change.
Second, click SETTINGS.
Third, under COMMENTS choose ALLOW ALL COMMENTS WITH APPROVAL ONLY, then click SAVE CHANGES.
Now you’ll need to approve comments on that video before they will show up publicly for others to view.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Publish a Combined iCloud Calendar and Google Calendar - 2012
- Vimeo or YouTube? Where to Post Family Videos? - 2012
- Snow Day Scratch Fun: Using the Broadcast Tag - 2011
- Announcing The Digital Magic Tricks Workshop - 2010
- Great Project Based Learning Resources from the Buck Institute for Education and EduTopia - 2010
- Great quotations about learning with images - 2010
- Summarizing concepts in 5 or 6 images - 2010
- SINGing the Praises of NING by Dawn Danker - 2009
- Anonymous Proxies, Spam and Email Archiving Simplified and Explained - 2009
- Student-Created Virtual Field Trips: Howe Public Schools Live and On Location! - 2009