I’d like to be the first to personally invite you to iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City July 11, 12 and 13, 2012! iPad Media Camp is a three day series of hands-on workshops designed to inspire and equip educators to facilitate student media projects using iPads. Read more about each day’s planned learning activities on the workshop series Agenda page. The topics by day include:
Day 1: Screencasting and Narrated SlideShows
Day 2: Quick Edit Videography
Day 3: Interactive Writing and eBooks
My 11 year old daughter helped me create and record a two minute, narrated slideshow tonight (on an iPad, of course, using “Explain Everything”) to provide some highlights of what the workshop will include.
Please share this workshop opportunity with others in your school as well as PLN. While each day is designed to “stand alone” if you can’t attend all three days, I encourage you to attend the complete series. Discounts are available for educators attending two or three days of the workshop series. Details are on the registration page.
Please follow @iPadMediaCamp on Twitter to stay up to date. All workshop sessions will be held at the Presbyterian Health Foundation Conference Center in downtown Oklahoma City just south of the state capitol on Lincoln. That’s the same location as the “iPad Training for Business Productivity” workshop scheduled for this Thursday, May 10th.
Hope to see you at iPad Media Camp this summer! If you’re interested in bringing iPad Media Camp to your school, school district, or educational organization, please submit the website contact form.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin Misunderstands Testing and School Quality - 2017
- 30 Reasons I Love Teaching Elementary STEM - 2015
- Quick Edit Video: Water Bottle Rocket Launch - 2014
- 3rd Graders Research Animals with 4 iPads, AudioBoo and PebbleGo - 2013
- Common Core Guitar Songs, Lady Gaga Remixes & Commercial Underwriters - 2012
- Google Docs on the iPad with Office2 Pro - 2010
- Conan on the iPad - 2010
- Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning in Amarillo May 16th - 2009
- Adware blocked by OpenDNS - 2008
- Innovative teachers wanted under the Big Tree in SF! - 2008