I spent eight hours today continuing to develop and refine the 2 day workshop curriculum on “iPad Digital Storytelling” which I’m developing with others for Storychasers. We’re creating an “iPad only” workshop which doesn’t require the use of a laptop or desktop computer: Just an iPad. We want to help participants create narrated slideshow videos which include:
- Edited audio narration
- The option to also include interview audio
- Digital images with “Ken Burns effect” zooms
Contrast this with the edited video I published in July, “Boiling River: Best Kept Secret In Yellowstone.”
While it’s great to know how to edit and publish recorded video clips, Storychasers has found over the past five years it’s a good idea to help teachers learn first how to narrate, sequence, and combine still digital images with audio. I’m very enthused with how our “iPad Digital Storytelling” workshop curriculum is shaping up, and look forward to helping facilitate our first two-day workshop with it in the next few months!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Reflections on AI, China-U.S. Relations, Education & Innovation - 2020
- Your Seminary Needs Digital and Media Literacy Instruction - 2019
- How Microsoft is Poised to Destroy MinecraftEDU - 2016
- Managing WordPress Installations in CPANEL (Monday Sept 28th) - 2015
- Don't Equate Competency With Identity - 2014
- Google UK Employees talk about Family Internet Safety - 2010
- Join the K12Online08 flashback and K12Online09 preview - LIVE this Saturday on EdTechTalk! - 2009
- Help needed with WordPress plugin theme file syntax - 2009
- Digital Nation Call for Participation - Thinking about Digital Learning Activities - 2009
- COV project website updates and a group for Oklahoma TitleIID winning districts - 2008