This audio podcast is a combined series of six, three minute “radio shows” created by teachers and teacher/librarians in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, in the College Community School District on October 3, 2012. Participants in this two day workshop on “Mapping Media to the Common Core” with Wesley Fryer learned to facilitate lessons with student created-media including interactive writing, narrated art, 5 photo stories, and radio shows. Hat tip to Marco Torres for the term “quick victories” in the context of edtech professional development, used by some of the radio show participants in this combined podcast. Check out the podcast shownotes for links to the collaborative Google Docs, “sandbox” professional development blog, AudioBoo recordings, and other products created by teachers in this workshop. Learn more on maps.playingwithmedia.com.
- Blog post setting up / defining this ‘radio show’ assignment and activity
- Referenced resources and links from the Oct 2-3, 2012 Workshop, “Mapping Media to the Common Core” with Wesley Fryer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Overarching PD Themes (a collaborative Google Doc of brainstormed ideas)
- Individual radio shows recorded by educators for this combined podcast (see AudioBoo embeds in the blog post comments)
- Prairie Pride Digital Literacy Professional Development
- Mapping Media to the Common Core: What Do You Want to Create Today?
- Interactive Writing (definition, workflow, tools, examples)
- Narrated Art (definition, workflow, tools, examples)
- Radio Show (definition, workflow, tools, examples)
- 5 Photo Stories (definition, workflow, tools, examples)
- Examples of Student Media Products (digital text, images, audio & video)
- Playing with Media: simple ideas for powerful sharing (eBook)
- Follow Wesley on Twitter: @wfryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Beware of Phishing Cell Phone Calls: Don't Share Personal Info with Strangers - 2018
- How to use your iPad and iPhone / iPad Touch with an External Display / Projector - 2010
- A hazard of moderating comments on a popular YouTube video - 2009
- Content Filtering in Schools: Striving to CONTROL user behavior - 2007
- Many more K-12 Online Conference Teasers - 2007
- Mike Lawrence on DOPA - 2006
- British teachers support instructional autonomy - 2006
- Nontraditional peer review - 2006
- Deep tagging video - 2006
- Our need for more dialog in the face of fear - 2006