Third graders in Mrs. Bounds‘ class at Parkland Elementary School learned about different kinds of bats in October. Working with the Parkland librarian, Mrs. Eskew, Mrs. Bounds helped her students take pictures of their bat artwork and narrate those pictures using the free website AudioBoo. Here are five of the student projects. It’s great to see Parkland students taking opportunities like these to practice their oral language fluency and communication skills, as well as their writing. Common Core State Standards, which Oklahoma schools are in the process of adopting, require students to communicate ideas online for a global audience. Way to go students, Mrs. Bounds, and Mrs. Eskew!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- How I'm Voting and Prepared to Vote in Oklahoma City November 6, 2018 - 2018
- Crescent Public Schools: A Beacon for Oklahoma Education - 2008
- Listening to Jeff Utecht from Kuala Lumpur - 2007
- A big screen! - 2007
- Social Bookmarking with Del.icio.us: It's about Information, Collaboration, and Access - 2007
- Free web-based audio conferencing - 2007
- No Ustream today - 2007
- ODLA Keynote Monday - Live and Recorded - 2007
- Dan Schmidt keynote: Beyond4Walls - 2006
- Standing guard on the iWall - 2005