(cross-posted from the Yukon Public Schools Learning Showcase)
This Spring 2013 semester, twenty-four 4th and 5th grade students are participating in “Scratch Club” after school at Independence Elementary. STEM teacher Chris Simon is sponsoring the club, which students were invited to apply for in December. See the previous post, “Yukon Students Learning Computer Programming with Scratch,” for more information about FREE Scratch programming software, how Scratch complements the STEM program at Independence and in Yukon Public Schools, and how ALL students at IES were introduced to Scratch this past fall semester. Today Mr. Simon, four IES Scratch Club students, and principal Cecil Bowles spoke briefly about why the Scratch Club has been started and what they are each looking forward to with Scratch Club. The video of their ideas (“Why Scratch Club?”) is 2.5 minutes long. Please check it out!
Learn more about the IES Scratch Club on scratchclub.yukonps.com. Check out Mason’s Scratch project, “About Me” on the Scratch community website.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Political Philosophy and Media Literacy Cornerstones - 2021
- Temporarily Copy Offline YouTube Videos to Your iPad - 2012
- Claim Your Online Content With Google+ Authorship Settings - 2012
- Misleading Article About Oklahoma Lottery Funds Supplanting Education Funds - 2012
- The Power of Social Media Supporting Collaboration and Creativity: #popupschool at #cwf2010 - 2011
- WordPress Plugins for Database Maintenance and Plugin Listing - 2010
- Harry Potter Whiteboard Wands, Responders, and the Palm Pre - 2009
- The MegaVCR: Media and More in Your Pocket - 2007
- Simple Podcasting on a Global Scale - 2007
- Engaging Brains Through Games and Simulations by Bernie Dodge - 2007
[…] By Wesley Fryer On January 10, 2013 Learn more about the IES Scratch Club on scratchclub.yukonps.com. Check out Mason’s Scratch project,“About Me” on the Scratch community website. http://www.speedofcreativity.org/2013/01/10/why-scratch-club/ […]
Here is a good scratch resource. http://scratch.mit.edu/