(cross-posted to PlayingWithMedia.com)
If you’re an educator in or near Oklahoma City, please mark your calendar for / tell your friends about / and RSVP for the next FREE “Playing with Media Meetup” at Northwest Library at 9:15 am on Friday, February 8, 2013. Our topic will be “Creating Games & Simulations with Scratch.” The meetup description is:
Come learn how to create stories, simulations and games with Scratch software in this FREE 3 hour, hands on BYOL (bring your own laptop) workshop. Scratch software (FREE for Windows & Mac) is a wonderful program for creativity and computational thinking. This FREE workshop will be led by Dr. Wesley Fryer, who has led several “Scratch Camps” for students as well as adults in the Oklahoma City area. This meetup is open to students 9 years and older, parents and educators. Homeschoolers are welcome! Scratch is a fantastic program for digital creativity, developing “STEM” skills like problem solving and computational thinking, and also having FUN! No prior knowledge or experience with Scratch is required for this workshop.
My first “Playing with Media Meetup” last Friday at Northwest Library went very well. We had 13 attend and participate. I’ve shared the recorded audio from that meet up on the “Fuel for Educational Change Agents” podcast channel in two parts: Part One and Part Two. Resources from the session are available on wiki.wesfryer.com/Home/handouts/ebooks.
I hope to see you on February 8th to learn more about using Scratch software!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Highlights from the 2013 Trappers Rendezvous Campout - 2013
- Create a Custom Digital Newspaper on your iPad with Flipboard & Google Reader - 2012
- OAESP Grant for Student Videography at Mustang, Elementary (Oklahoma) - 2012
- Vision for Educational Leadership in 30 Seconds: A Challenge #digitalvision2011 - 2011
- Things I Want To Model As Your Teacher - 2010
- iTunes - Age Restricted Material - 2010
- Taking class attendance with cell phone SMS messages and PollEverywhere - 2010
- Geotagged iReports from President Obama's Inauguration - 2009
- Reflections on Dr. King's Dream - 2008
- Understanding and respecting copyright a problem for many - 2008