I took the following photographs today in the hallway at Independence Elementary School in Yukon, Oklahoma. The GT teacher, Dawn Dukes, has helped students create audio narrations (powered by AudioBoo) linked via QR codes for independent study projects students completed recently. It’s a high-tech museum-like audio tour, in the hallways of IES in Yukon. What a great use of educational technology tools to help students practice their oral language skills as required by the Common Core State Standards! It’s especially cool since the library at IES has iPod Touches for students to check out, pre-loaded with QR Code reader apps like i-Nigma so students can listen to their peers share their reports.
I’ve embedded the accompanying audio recordings below each photo so you can check them out too!
Learn more about how Yukon students are using AudioBoo with QR codes in the October 2012 post, “Student-Created Sequoyah Book Reports, AudioBoo, iPads and QR Codes,” on the YPS Learning Showcase website. Learn more about using AudioBoo on the “Narrated Art” page of “Mapping Media to the Common Core.”
Technorati Tags: audio, audioboo, playingwithmedia
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Tags and Hashtag Literacy - 2022
- The Mobile Storyteller of North Canton City Schools, Ohio - 2018
- Security, Privacy, and Digital Citizenship (February 2017) - 2018
- Learning at #TXeducamp in Denton, Texas - 2016
- Find & Highlight Duplicates in Excel 2011 for Mac - 2015
- Manipulated FoxNews Video Shows Why eBooks are the WRONG Choice for K-12 1:1 Environments - 2011
- Civil War Augmented Reality Project Becomes HistoriQuest - 2011
- Photo memories in an old box - 2010
- WordPress for iPhone 2.2 Even Better - 2010
- Fun with XTimeline and myWebspiration - 2009
[…] was drawn in when I saw a post about integrating audio into displays for students titled: Student Oral Reports with School Hallway Dioramas via AudioBoo. Students used a resourced called AudioBoo. It gives the students the opportunity to include […]