I’m delighted to announce The Div Jr. and Yukon Public Schools will be hosting a “Scratch Camp” for Oklahoma students in grades 2-6 this year over spring break, from Monday March 18th to Friday March 22nd, 9 am to noon each day. Online registration is available NOW on The Div’s website, and scholarships ARE available for students who need them. Adults can attend FREE with a child! Details are:
Dates: Monday March 18th to Friday March 22nd, 9 am to noon each day
Location: Skyview Elementary School, Yukon (650 S Yukon Pkwy, Yukon, OK 73099)
Registration: $25 per person
Who can attend: Any Oklahoma student in grades 2 – 6 this school year (2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, or 6th grade) and any Oklahoma teacher in any grade level
ADULTS (including parents and teachers) ATTEND FREE WITH A STUDENT! (so kids, bring along your mom or dad and they can participate all week with us FREE!)
Registration capacity: 40
Scratch Camp facilitators: Chris Simon and Wesley Fryer
A PDF version of our camp flyer is available. Please share this with other students and parents in the Oklahoma City metro area who might be interested! More information is also available on the “Scratch Camp” page of the Scratch Club website for Independence Elementary School in Yukon.
If you’re not familiar with Scratch, we’ve included this summary on our flyer:
Scratch is a FREE software program from MIT that students can use to create games, tell stories, make animations, and other cool stuff. Students practice computational thinking, problem solving, and social skills when they create with Scratch. Download Scratch and learn more on:
Technorati Tags: oklahoma, scratch, stem, yukon, camp, div, divjr, programming, edtech
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Identity and Fire Cooking - 2022
- Share eBook Highlights from iBooks - 2017
- Scratch Gold - 2013
- Changing the Pictures of the Classroom in Students' Heads by John Nail - 2012
- Open Registration for Storychaser Spring 2011 Workshops in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas - 2011
- Panoramic Fieldhouse Photos in Manhattan, Kansas and Norman, Oklahoma - 2010
- Communicating In The Digital Age (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- Our rock stars aren't like your rock stars - 2010
- Why Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Matters - 2008
- Blue Web'n Yahoo Group - 2007