Today my 9 year old and I played with some Microsoft Surface Tablets at the Microsoft Store at Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma City. Rachel immediately wanted to find a painting app, since she’s created a LOT of digital art in the past using “Brushes” on the iPad. She created the following picture in about ten minutes using the Freshpaint App For Windows 8 or Windows RT, and was VERY impressed with the realistic paint-effects which allowed blending and mixing. She created this on a Windows 8 Surface tablet using a stylus.
Anyone know of iPad painting apps which have similar “real paint” effects/features? A few weeks ago I created the Appolicious list, “Best iPad Drawing & Art Apps,” but included several of the apps there on the recommendations of others. I haven’t played with all of them yet, most of my iPad drawing/painting experiences have been with Brushes.
It’s GREAT to have a Microsoft Store locally that, similar to the Apple Store, lets potential customers play and use the tablets available for sale! Rachel was VERY enthusiastic about Surface as a result of playing with the Freshpaint app. Check out the November 2012 article, “Freshpaint App For Windows 8 Opens A New Front In Digital Art,” for more on the app.
Have you played with Freshpaint yet on Surface? What are your impressions?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Learning at the March Oklahoma STEM Consortium Meeting - 2018
- CoWorking Spaces in Oklahoma City (March 2015) - 2015
- How Can I Webstream an Event? - 2013
- A Creative ePub Audio Story Powered by Five Card Flickr Story - 2012
- Creating Educational Videos for YouTube by Marty Brandl - 2012
- Catherine Orenstein on the Power and Importance of Female Storytellers - 2011
- Sunset over a sea of clouds - 2011
- Guerrilla Health Message Marketing - 2011
- PSAs to stop texting and driving - 2010
- Blended Learning Jazz: Spontaneous, Improvisational, and Smooth by Curtis Bonk #heartlandconf10 - 2010