The Daily Oklahoman (NewsOK.com) is the largest metro newspaper in Oklahoma City. They published an article today about last week’s Scratch Camp, “Computers take center stage during Yukon’s spring break.” I was very glad to see they included several photos in the article showing we had good participation from both girls and boys. I was also glad to see the reporter (Matt Patterson) recognized The Div and iThemes as the sponsors which are making Oklahoma Scratch Camps possible!
Matt Patterson also included a short video interview with me, which he shot with his iPhone “Storychaser” style. This was inspiring, to see that professional journalists are using iOS devices just like our student Storychasers are at Lakeview Elementary this year to conduct video interviews. I just wish the thumbnail of my video didn’t look so goofy! Unfortuanately NewsOK isn’t permitting this video to be embedded on other sites. Since the thumbnail looks pretty silly, however, perhaps it’s a good thing embedding is prohibited…..
If you didn’t already, please read the lengthier article about Scratch Camp which ran in the Yukon Review last Saturday, “Students spend spring break learning a ‘new language.'”
The Code.org video “What most schools don’t teach” now has over 10 million views on YouTube. When’s the next Scratch Camp in your community? If one’s not planned, what are you waiting for?! Your curriculum has already been planned and is ready for you to copy! I promise you: THE KIDS ARE READY!
Hat tip to @khrista_lou for tweeting me the link to this article today!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- US Army Moving to Embrace iPhones, iPads, and Blended Learning - 2011
- Tales of Digital Magic presentation resources #pbtechconf - 2010
- Maine laptops for grades 7-12 now, Texas still forcing paper textbook purchases - 2009
- What are the new literacies? - 2009
- Oklahoma City National Memorial Videos and Possible VFT - 2008
- Cell phones in Cuba today, political changes tomorrow? - 2008
- High Quality Learning: It's all about Nature (technology) AND Nurture (pedagogy) - 2007
- Bandwidth blues - 2007
- Mentoring and Edifying Student Bloggers - 2006
- Meet Charlene Chausis! - 2006