Last week I attended a fantastic webinar about InfiniteWP on WebDesign.com taught by Benjamin Bradley. If you maintain multiple self-hosted WordPress websites, you definitely need to check out InfiniteWP. It’s a FREE, installable web tool that lets you update WordPress plugins, themes, and the WordPress core from a centralized site and login. In addition, a variety of paid add-ons are available to perform maintenance tasks on your sites, monitor uptime, backup to remote repositories, schedule backups, and more. I haven’t purchased any of the add-ons yet but I’m definitely going to. The time InfiniteWP is going to save me in the coming months as I keep my 36 different WordPress websites up to date (yes I know, I was shocked too when I saw that number) is HUGE. Check out this 1.5 minute video to get a quick overview.
If you’re an educator, sign up for the FREE iThemes Education Program, which includes a free membership to WebDesign.com and all their weekly webinars. If you can’t catch a webinar live you can generally view an archived recording later. WebDesign.com is a fantastic way to learn WordPress and acquire the skills you need to teach your students WordPress, even if you’re not “officially” a web design teacher/instructor.
After installing InfiniteWP to a directory on your server, you’ll need to install the free IWP Client Plugin on each of your WordPress sites. After copying the activation key info into your IWP installation, you’ll be ready to centrally manage WordPress updates… and potentially even more if you puchase add-ons.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Playing with Media eBook Available on Google Play: For SubText Users! - 2013
- Speaking Out Against Common Core High Stakes Testing & Corporate Driven Education Reform - 2013
- What does a 21st century learner look like? - 2010
- New Media Literacies by Vanessa Vartabedian - 2010
- Google introduces translation for animals - 2010
- Professional Development Opportunities Over Video via the CILC - 2009
- Test Anxiety Woes - 2009
- Join The New Energy Army's Virtual March on Washington Today - 2009
- Time to get on the mobile learning train! - 2008
- links for 2008-04-01 - 2008