This evening felt like I was in a movie. As I drove down our street into our neighborhood I could see wispy storm clouds moving like the fingers of an angry witch, barely highlighted by the ambient light of the streetlights. I parked out front and brought my bags in, and before I could open our garage I heard the hail starting. I ran out and pulled in our van, and the hail started coming down heavier. I wondered if I should go out again and risk getting hit, but the hail wasn’t larger than marble size so I did. Running out to my car, my left pointer finger was struck by a large hailstone that really smarted. I pulled my car up to the garage entrance but saw I hadn’t pulled the van far enough to the side. I jumped out, backed out the van, and pulled in it in the garage as far over as I could. Then I ran out to get in my car, but the hail was intensifying and I held my breath hoping I would not be struck in the head by a large stone. I got in my car and pulled it into the garage as larger stones were falling and hitting loudly. I literally pulled both cars in the garage in the nick of time, if I’d started the process even 30 seconds later, I don’t think I would have been able to do it – the hail got VERY intense right as I drove our second car into the garage. I closed the garage door, and then recorded this 30 second audio clip of the hailstones hitting the metal garage door and the concrete outside. Praise God I was not struck in the head by a hailstone, and I got our cars in the garage to safety. Life’s exciting living in Oklahoma City!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Conference Podcast Recipe and Workflow - 2015
- The Portable $500 LED Projector I Want - 2013
- Lessons Learned Following Oklahoma School Beating Amplified by Social Media - 2012
- A Call to Action: Waging a War to Save our Republic - 2011
- Using Copyright-friendly Images Effectively in Presentations - 2011
- Embedding a Google Document in a Google Site Page - 2010
- Powerful Stopmotion video on Children's Rights - 2010
- links for 2008-04-26 - 2008
- Building 21st Century Learners by Kevin Honeycutt - 2007
- The Monroe Doctrine: Effective Practices that Create Excellent Schools - 2007