- Has HDMI and VGA connections
- LED powered so bulb should last 10 years (yes that’s not a typo: TEN years!)
- Can run on electricity continually or about an hour on the internal battery
- Built-in speaker, but also has connection for external 1/8″ audio speakers
Biggest disadvantage at this point: These are not for sale individually online, apparently, you have to go through a retailer.
Having eyed the Pico Projector since 2008, a small projector like this sounds very appealing. Hopefully we’ll see projectors with even lower price points, and equivalent functions, showing up on Amazon and in Brookstone soon. Brookstone’s “Compact 85-Lumen Pocket Projector” is appealing but not as feature-packed and powerful as the CooLux LED DLP Projector.
Steve showed off the WiPad Pro using the projector today, which is a $400 ($300 with edu discount) RF wireless mirroring solution for the iPad. It does not require Bonjour networking to be turned on, which is a sticking point with some network admins. It’s pricey as iPad mirroring options go but good to know about. See the wonderful comparative table on Tony Vincent’s post, “Mirror iPad, iPhone, iPod to Your Screen for Free,” for more iPad mirroring options.
I’ll be presenting a 3 day iPad Media Camp this summer in both Oklahoma City (June 10-12) and Manhattan, Kansas (July 9-11). PDF flyers about iPad Media Camp are available, please share it with other educators you know who might be interested!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Conference Podcast Recipe and Workflow - 2015
- My Hail Story - 2013
- Lessons Learned Following Oklahoma School Beating Amplified by Social Media - 2012
- A Call to Action: Waging a War to Save our Republic - 2011
- Using Copyright-friendly Images Effectively in Presentations - 2011
- Embedding a Google Document in a Google Site Page - 2010
- Powerful Stopmotion video on Children's Rights - 2010
- links for 2008-04-26 - 2008
- Building 21st Century Learners by Kevin Honeycutt - 2007
- The Monroe Doctrine: Effective Practices that Create Excellent Schools - 2007