Pam Tarlton is a 5th grade writing teacher at Piedmont Intermediate School in Piedmont, Oklahoma. With the support of her principal, Shawn Blankenship, Pam introduced interactive writing to her students this year using the free website, KidBlog. Pam told the story of how her 150 pound mastiff dog, Benny, played an important role in helping her students gain confidence and fluency in blogging this year in the 5.5 minute video, “Benny’s Banter.” Please check out and share the video! Also check out and comment on student posts on their Kidblog site, “Tarlton’s Terrific Troupe.”
We need more teachers like Pam and school administrators like Shawn supporting the creative uses of interactive writing in the classroom! Check out and follow more innovative Oklahoma educators from my (now almost 200 strong) Twitter List of Oklahoma educators. Know someone who is not on that list and should be? Please tweet me! 🙂
If you’d like to learn how to create videos like this, sign up to attend one of the “steeply discounted” digital storytelling workshops offered by Storychasers in Oklahoma City in June!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- More Than Bandwidth: FCC Should Address Content Filtering in Schools - 2013
- STEM and Scratch Resources (May 2013) - 2013
- iPad Quick Edit Videography (free video PD) - 2012
- Waiting for a Cator Tweet - 2011
- Do your school administrators REALLY understand CIPA? - 2011
- eBooks and ePub Format Digital Books: A #tltechforum Roundable - 2011
- eBook function: Quick dictionary lookups - 2010
- Simplifying Copyright Guidance for Educators - 2009
- Using Yahoo Pipes to Create a Single-User Contribution Feed from a Team Blog - 2009
- A group TO DO list webapp? - 2008