This spring semester, 3rd grade students at Shedeck Elementary School in Yukon, Oklahoma, worked with their librarian, Jeannie Wilmes, to conduct “blended research” about different kinds of animals. Their research was “blended” because students used both library books as well as electronic resources like the PebbleGo website and database. Mrs. Wilmes worked with students twice a week for two weeks in this project, which culminated in students audio recording their research using the free iPad app AudioBoo. Students were then able to share their recordings with classmates and with parents online. In this five minute interview video, Mrs. Wilmes and some of the Shedeck third graders describe their project, what they enjoyed and some of their lessons learned.
Check out more of the students’ recordings on the AudioBoo channels for Mrs. Doran’s class, Mrs. Filyukova’s class, and Mrs. Forga’s class. It’s wonderful to see and hear the great work that Mrs. Wilmes is able to do with students as a full-time library media specialist. Way to go Shedeck students and educators!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin Misunderstands Testing and School Quality - 2017
- 30 Reasons I Love Teaching Elementary STEM - 2015
- Quick Edit Video: Water Bottle Rocket Launch - 2014
- iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City: July 11, 12 & 13, 2012 - 2012
- Common Core Guitar Songs, Lady Gaga Remixes & Commercial Underwriters - 2012
- Google Docs on the iPad with Office2 Pro - 2010
- Conan on the iPad - 2010
- Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning in Amarillo May 16th - 2009
- Adware blocked by OpenDNS - 2008
- Innovative teachers wanted under the Big Tree in SF! - 2008